Pricing your home accurately is the most effective way to ensure a successful sale. Allow me to repeat that – pricing your home accurately is the most effective way to ensure a successful sale. No amount of marketing can sell an overpriced home.
Many sellers are tempted to list their home with the agent who quotes the highest price. Please keep in mind, the agent doesn’t set the price, the seller doesn’t set the price – the market will set the price, or value for your home.
Factors that Influence Market Value
• Supply & Demand • Economic Conditions
• Asking & Selling Prices of Competing Homes
• Your Homes Condition •Buyers Perception of Your Home
Value Factors with Little or No Influence on Market
•The Price the Seller Paid for the House
• The Sellers Expected Net Proceeds
• The Amount Spent on Improvements
The most effective method of pricing your home is to have a professional appraisal . When you list – and close – your home with me, I suggest getting a pre-listing appraisal by a respected appraisal firm.
Benefits of having a professional appraisal:
- You receive an unbiased, third party opinion of the market value of your home by a trained professional.
- You are positioned to quickly recognize and respond to a market offer.
- You are positioned to effectively challenge a low lenders appraisal of your home, maintaining your higher contract price.
- A lender will consider a well known appraisers valuation – they will not consider an estimate provided by a real estate agent.
You avoid the common practice of a real estate agent “buying your listing by suggesting a higher price than can be achieved. Because the agent would then be reluctant to suggest a price reduction early in the marketing process, you lose valuable time during those critical first several weeks on the market.
MARKETING YOUR HOME FOR A SUCCESSFUL SALE
- Your home is now priced accurately and looks great.
- Let’s show it off!
- The marketing of your home will reflect an established history of how buyers search for, and purchase homes.
- 95% of buyers use the Internet during their home search.
- Some home sales are co-brokered. This means there is a listing agent who represents you, the seller and another agent who represents the buyer of your home. As a result, marketing to Realtors ® is very productive activity.
- The most effective way to get the attention of productive agents and buyers is through accurate pricing and great photography.